Social Science Research Fund
The funds for the Social Science Research Fund are drawn from the Agnes Cole Dark Fund and the Social Science Fund (formerly known as the Alumni Research Awards). There will be one annual call for research grants (max. $10,000), with a deadline of October 31, 2018. Upon completion of the project (or after one year, whichever comes first) grant holders will be required to submit a short report on the activities and outcomes facilitated by these funds.
PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT A ROLA.
- factors that will be weighted positively include a primary appointment within the Faculty of Social Science and adherence to reporting requirements from previous competitions.
- applications that promote the humanities, individual & world understanding and world peace will be considered under the Agnes Cole Dark Fund.
- presentations and publications that arise as an outcome of this funding should acknowledge the Faculty of Social Science.
Research Grants – maximum value: $10,000
Factors that will be weighted positively (not all factors need be present in any one application):
- a clear indication of the significance of the research
- a clear statement of objectives, timeline and expected outcomes
- expected impact on the field
- support for HQP
- new scholars
- a plan to revitilize or change direction in your research program
Factors that will receive a negative weighting:
- the applicant currently holds any internal funds OR holds external funds that relate to the research project being proposed
- large number of previous internal grants
- not filling the form out correctly or not complying with all instructions
Please submit a single copy of the application form signed by your Department Chair, to the Office of the Dean of Social Science on October 31, 2018. Electronic applications (either PDF or MSWord) can be sent to email@example.com.
Last Updated: January, 2018