Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada (SWAAC)
New – Congratulations to Rebecca Ellis (Geography), our 2018 FSS nominee
This award opportunity comes to Ontario every four years.
This year, the Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada (SWAAC) are pleased to offer five Graduate Student Awards of Merit, each in the amount of $3,000. Recipients are women graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the university or general community while maintaining exemplary academic records. The recipients for 2019 will be selected from nominations submitted by universities in Ontario and will be announced at the annual SWAAC Conference to be held in Waterloo April 25-27, 2019. Each participating university in Ontario may submit one nomination to the competition.
SGPS will accept one nomination per Faculty. The deadline to submit to FSS (Associate Dean Grad) is Monday, November 26, 2018. The deadline to submit nominations to SGPS is Monday, December 3, 2018. Send by single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women registered in master's or PhD programs are eligible to be nominated.
- Outstanding academic performance.
- Evidence of leadership, including but not limited to such things as:
- executive positions in student organizations
- participation on committees (student committees and university committees)
- organization of special events, conferences, etc.
- involvement in advocacy groups
- involvement in volunteer organizations, within the campus setting and/or in the general community.
- Personal Statement (2 page max) – should include information about former and current studies, areas of interest, research, publications, other awards, interests outside the university, and community or volunteer work. It's usually in a narrative form, about 1-2 pages in length, and is an opportunity for the nominee to tell the adjudication committee some things about herself, and to explain at greater length her background/interests/passions/ambitions/volunteer work.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official up-to-date Transcripts
- Three Letters of Reference (choice is the candidate’s; each should be 2 pages max, on letterhead, 10pt Arial or 12pt Times New Roman, addressed To Members of the Awards Selection Committee, signed, and dated)
Full details are posted here on the SWAAC site. If you have any questions about the application or require further information, please contact Rosalyn Figov, SWAAC Registrar and Treasurer at email@example.com.