Samuel Clark Research Fund
The Samuel Clark Research Fund has been established as an endowed fund at Foundation Western to support small research projects within the Faculty of Social Science. Applications to the fund may be made by any member of the Faculty of Social Science who has a research component to their appointment. There will be one annual call for research grants (max. $5,000), with a deadline of June 15, 2018.
- Factors that will be weighted positively include a primary appointment within the Faculty of Social Science and adherence to reporting requirements from previous competitions.
- presentations and publications that arise as an outcome of this funding should acknowledge the Samuel Clark Research Fund in the Faculty of Social Science.
- funds will be available for the May-April fiscal year.
PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT A ROLA.
Research Grants – maximum value: $5,000
Factors that will be weighted positively (not all factors need be present in any one application).
- a clear indication of the significance of the research
- a clear statement of objectives, timeline and expected outcomes
- expected impact on the field
- support for HQP
- new scholars
- a plan to revitalize or change direction in your research program
Factors that will receive a negative weighting
- the applicant currently holds any internal funds OR holds external funds that relate to the research project being proposed
- large number of previous internal grants
- not filling the form out correctly or not complying with all instructions
Please submit a single copy of the application form signed by your Department Chair, to the Office of the Dean of Social Science on June 15, 2018. Electronic applications (either PDF or MSWord) can be sent to email@example.com.
Last Updated: May 4, 2018