Arranging Your Own Internship
Students who meet the Eligiblity Criteria and are interested in pursuing a company on their own for a long-term internship position are welcome to do so.
Long-term internships must meet the following program requirements:
- 8 to 16 months in length (between May 2022 - August 2023)
- Full time (32+ hours per week)
- Paid position (minimum wage+) - Stipend or honorarium payments are not considered paid positions.
- Professional level duties that align with your studies and career goals
All internship offers received outside the Western Connect internship portal need to be approved by the SSIP team. If you are offered an internship position that was not found on the Western Connect internship job portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Formal job description
- Offer letter/letter of employment (including start and end dates, salary offered, supervisor/company contact information)
Upon receipt of this information, the SSIP team will review, and confirm if the position can be counted as an academic internship.
Deadline to submit your summer term offer: Friday, June 17, 2022.
Deadline to submit your fall term offer: Friday, August 19, 2022.
Offers will not be considered after these dates.