Program Deliverables & Fees
Note: Program deliverables and fees only apply to students who receive an internship offer. There are no academic penalties or fees for students who do not receive an offer.
After you receive a verified internship offer, you will be enrolled in SS 3994, a 1.0 credit that is graded on a PAS/FAI basis.
To earn your credit, you will complete the following deliverables:
- Contract signing / Orientation call – Review expectations and program policies with the Experiential Learning Coordinator before the start of your internship.
- Mid-point Check-In Assessment – To be completed approximately six to eight weeks after the start of the work term.
- Employer Evaluation - To be completed just prior to completion of the work term.
- Final Assignment – Complete a technical report, video report or blog-style reflection.
A course outline will be provided upon enrollment.
As of May 2022, the internship fee for hired students is $500 per work term. This fee will be applied to your record upon course enrollment, and is payable through Student Center.
While on internship, students do not pay tuition fees.
Western University will invoice students the Internship Course Fee and post it to your student account as follows:
- 8 month work term $1,000 ($500 in May, and August)
- 9-12 month work term $1,500 ($500 in May, August, and January)
- 13-16 month work term $2,000 ($500 in May, August, January, and May of the following year)
Payment of fees is the sole responsibility of the student, not the employer.