Arranging Your Own InternshipStudents who meet the Eligibility Criteria and are interested in pursuing a company on their own for a short-term internship position are welcome to do so.
Short-term internships must meet the following program requirements:
- 10-weeks to 4 months in length (Jan – Apr; May – Aug; Sep – Dec)
- Full time (32+ hours per week)
- Paid position (minimum wage+) - Stipend or honorarium payments are not considered paid.
- Professional level duties that align with your studies and career goals
All internship offers received outside the Western Connect internship portal need to be approved by the SSIP team. If you are offered an internship position that was not found on the Western Connect internship job portal, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Formal job description
- Offer letter/letter of employment (including start and end dates, salary offered, supervisor/company contact information)
Upon receipt of this information, the SSIP team will review, and confirm if the position can be counted as an academic internship.
Deadline to submit your winter term offer: Friday, January 7, 2022.
Deadline to submit your summer term offer: Friday, June 17, 2022.
Offers will not be considered after these dates.